Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Opinion AKA: LipStick On A Pig

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

IMO, it was an easy sale. Bush made such a mess of things I think
the Republicans figure they can't win this time around no matter
what, so let McCain have his 15 minutes of fame. Why waste a "good"
candidate?

As far as I can see, it was the survival of one old white guy with old
white guy ideas over a bunch of other old white guys with old white
guy ideas.

SFWIW, I qualify as one of those old white guys, so save you're knee
jerk responses to "old white guy"

The republican party has allowed itself to be taken over by a group of
hard line radicals whose only modus operandi seems to be confortation.

If nothing else, the last 8 years have proven the fallacy of that
approach.

It has also caused me to distance myself from them even though I've
been a registered Republican most of my voting life.

As much as I dislike Hillary, I figured she'd be the front runner.
So did she and she let Obama get too good a start.

As much as I am convinced that Hillary is truly dedicated to the
issues she supports, especially the social issues, she failed to
recognise the sense of unrest at the grass roots level that is taking
place in the country.

The majority of the people have been screwed into the wall without
vasoline or even a kiss and they are ticked.

And yes, I'm one of them.

She failed to translate out of the last centuries politics and it cost
her.

Lew