Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus22875 Ignoramus22875 is offline

Default Pictures from a flood today

On 2008-09-13, Ignoramus22875 wrote:
Our town was very mildly flooded today, here are some pictures.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Flood/

Better than down south at least.

No harm to your home?

No, my home is at perhaps 30 feet higher elevation. However, before we
moved to the current home 6 years ago, we lived in a house 100 feet
away from the river that flooded. I drove by the old house. It was not
flooded when I drove by, but all that held the river was the levee and
the river was approximately one foot below the levee level. If the
levee broke, there would be no catastrophe, in my estimation, but the
house basement would get flooded.

Taking your kids around to enjoy it?

I wanted them to get some sense of reality that they cannot get from
TV... The water was quite warm... We stayed away from any moving
water, at least when I was there with kids. Part of the plan was to
catch some fish that seems to come out of the river during flooding,
but none was found this time.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/