Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default swivel vs fixed casters for welder cart?

On 2008-09-13, SteveB toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

[ ... ]

For me, I'd use four swivels with brakes, and positioned far apart enough to
make it stable. Even if I had to drop the frame a little (like a dropped
front axle on a hot rod) so as to reduce center of gravity and put the
wheels farther outboard.

Hmm ... and why not make an extension wing on two of the casters
and a matching wing on the leg, so you can drop a pin or a bolt in there
when you want to roll it some distance, and pull them when you need to
maneuver in tight places.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564