Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reasonable price for building a few steps?

"Lee" wrote in message

So questions - shouldn't he have realized what type of design he'd need
when he first measured the steps and quoted on it?

Maybe, but did you ever make a mistake or not plan something perfectly?
This is where the old saying "**** happens" comes from.

And should the difference really be $300 for additional material?

Material and labor.

And most importantly,
what would a reasonable price (range) be for two sets of steps (3 steps
each) in the Baltimore area? I was happy with the $450 although a male
relative told me he thought it was too much since it would "only need $50
worth of material".

Give the male relative $50 for material and buy him a six-pack. Your guy
may not want the job and he is telling you that softly.