Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - It has become apparent ...

"dpb" wrote:

Don't suppose you recall the particular plant, perchance--or, if you
remember who and where it was, if I don't know it already I can
easily find it and answer specifics of that unit more accurately.

The Illuminating Co, E72nd & Shoreway, Cleveland

The coal was from strip mines in SE Ohio.

Although as I read the question again, perhaps that isn't what you
mean by "solving" the problem, I don't know...

You end up with a clinker/chard pile of waste.

Other than haul it to a land fill, did the industry ever find a use
for it?

Lew