Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North JR North is offline

Default swivel vs fixed casters for welder cart?

It depends. 4 swivels are less stable to tipping moments, but make the
cart much more easily positioned.. 2 fixed; much more stable, but
often means you need to maneuver the cart due to the restriction of
movement 2 fixed wheels cause. Take your pick.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 16:41:27 GMT, Grant Erwin
wrote:

I'm designing a cart for a Miller DialArc HF plus Miller TIG cooler unit.

I just wanted to hear if you guys would use 4 swivel casters or 2 swivel
and 2 fixed, and why.

Grant

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"