Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default O,OT - I don't get it: eBay items selling for $.01

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 06:16:37 -0700, the renowned Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:57:20 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Bob
Engelhardt quickly quoth:

There is a guy in Hong Kong selling LCD protectors for $.01 (free
shipping). He pays eBay listing & final value fees, PayPal fees (it's
PayPal only), & shipping (postage) to U.S.. Why? He already has
feedback of 1000+, so he's not just buying feedback.

I don't get it,

Collecting email addresses to sell to spammers?

A time-honored tradition used by American mail-order companies for
decades. Sell something cheap where you come close to breaking even
and they are on your mailing list, and when you rent your mailing list
out you can make more money on them.

I can't believe the amount of junk mail I get from just a couple of
customer lists and magazine subscriptions.. and that stuff actually
costs money to send.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany