Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim[_2_] Speedy Jim[_2_] is offline

Default Adding another switch to a relay operated light switch

John Smith wrote:
Light switch in my room is operated using a relay (rated 24v-8v). It just like in
the picture http://home.howstuffworks.com/relay1.htm
The top "battery" is ofcourse regular power. The bottom "battery" is operated by
24V transformer.

I'd like to add another switch to the relay. How do I do add it to this system?
I have another 24V transformer with a switch. If we have the
http://home.howstuffworks.com/relay1.htm system as an example - could I add
another switch+battery to the same coil? Actually the relay is a latching relay.

Sounds like the GE remote control system.
Is this the relay you have:

http://www.lightcontrol.net/a3RR9.htm