Silvan

Default skilsaw table saw - any good?

Brint Keyes wrote:

mitre cut for picture frames is maddening. I also was unable to get a
true adjustment for blade-tilt angles, no matter how much I messed
with the adjustment screws, so the machinist's square gets far more
use than I would like when setting up a cut that requires more that
1/8" accuracy.

Yeah, I should add that after I used it to cut some compound angle stuff
(that didn't need to be terribly precise) it took me most of an hour to get
the damn thing back to 90-degrees. I don't intend to ever tilt the blade
again. If I have to cut angle stuff, I'll do it on my circular saw.

IOW, yes, it'll cut wood -- but I'm saving my pennies for the Grizzly
1023SL.

Me too. Or something. Anything has to be better. It's one step above
useless, but with patience and generous amounts of necessity, it can be
made to do a passable job.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 17507 Approximate word count: 525210