Paneldoctor

Default Vintage Baby Grand Refinishing for color and finish type

Well after 6 or 7 years of owning this beautiful but rough Williams
(made in London Ontario Canada) 1910 Ribbon Mahogany Baby Grand it is
time to bite the bullett and start the refinish work...

I am a woodworker NOT a Piano Builder so I have some questions.

The finish on it appears to be shellac or lacquer so stripping
shouldnt be a big thing.

I like a reddidh cherry/mahogany color, what would you recomment for a
stain, gel, wipe on, etc.

Should I refinish it in Shellac or lacquer, I would prefer spraying
lacquer.

any help would be appreciated!!

BJ