Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - It has become apparent ...

"todd" wrote:

The problem is that there are no leaders in government. As I heard
it put recently, do you think the "alphas" of our society go into
politics?

That's why we have elections on a regular basis.

With all the crap a candidate and their family has to endure, there is
little incentive to run for political office.

(By the way, if you nominate Obama for the job I'm going to puke on
my shoes).

You seeem to have a problem controlling body functions.

You want to know what you get when you put the government in charge
of alternate energy? Ethanol from corn. I'm from a corn state, and
it's the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

Since less than 5% of the corn is converted, before being returned as
animal feed suplement, maybe the ethanol program is not such a bad
call after all.

BTW, think you will find the lobbying of ADM, ConAgra, Cargill, et al,
may hve had something to do with implementation of the ethanol
program.

It was exactly a lack of leadership from congress but rather the
lobbyists that lead to the environment being established.

BTW, it is my understanding that corn was just a stop gap.

Those plants can be converted to other feed stocks on short notice.

What's the solution, then? It beats the hell out of me, but I bet
it isn't going to be more government involvement.

IMHO, we need a major change in leadership to among other things,
reestablish the reputation of gov't not to be an ATM for the
privileged few, but a servant of the many.

Lew