Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Opinion AKA: LipStick On A Pig

"Eigenvector" wrote in
:

What
specifically have YOU experienced in the last 8 years that has led you
to believe Bush to be incompetent? I certainly wouldn't call someone
incompetent unless I had first hand experience to back it up. Just
because all my friends call someone a loser doesn't mean I'm going to.

Personally I've done far better under Bush than I have under Clinton,
although I personally have no issues with Clinton years of service
either.

What I experienced personally is that my brother in law refused to come
to the US to help celebrate our 40th anniversary, because of Bush's
policies.
What I experienced is disgust that a President could lie to the country
(either totally wilfully or through incompetence to get the facts) and
involve us in a war that was not necesary. I have always had total
disgust for the piece of **** who ruled Iraq, but there was no evidence
of WoMD or of collaboration with Al Quaeda. Most importantly, that war
was started with a lack of sufficient assets and a lack of access. It
was started without an adequate plan for governing of the occupied
territory, without a plan to police the people or to bring the different
factions and tribes together. Remember, what we call Iraq is just some
lines on a map drawb after WWI. Lastly, after occupying the area, there
was no effort to secure weapons and ammunition left behind the Iraq armed
forces, which were disbanded and left to the designs of individuals. And
finally, the much ballyhooed (sp?) rebuilding of Iraq has hardly begun,
if it has at all. Iraq was a wellfunctioning country as far as economics
was concerned. Now it is a total shambles. And I (and you) have to pay
for it!!!

And yes, indeed I have not suffered severe financial hardships, but my
work has been rather much impeded for lack of funds. The NIH budget has
gone down in real terms, and now it is being wasted in part because
salaries are being continued, but real work is much slowed because of the
need to write more and more grant applications. These are being denied
simply because they are first submissions or frst resubmissions, there
may be a chance of funding for second or third resubmissions.

/end of rant

--
Best regards
Han