Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_3_] krw[_3_] is offline

Default OT - It has become apparent ...

In article ,
says...

"dpb" wrote:

Unfortunately, the best thing the gov't provides is the uncertainty
of what will they do next?

The alternate energy problem is IMHO, so complex that it is beyond the
ability of the free market economy to solve it in the foreseeable
future.

....and you believe government can solve the problem?

It is so large that it is going to require the everybody in the entire
country to get involved and devote a part of their energies to solving
this problem.

....and you believe in fairies, too?

Seems to me the definition of gov't is to provide the means to
accomplish those things that we as individuals can't achieve.

No, the purpose of government is to do exactly what the Constitution
says it should do. It is *not* to tell me how to live my life. I
would hope that you believe in liberty, as well.

I'm certainly not qualified to comment on the nitty gritty of how you
structure gov't to achieve a solution; however, the necessity of gov't
leadership in a project of this magnitude is obvious.

No, it is not obvious. People are flawed, by nature. Government is
simply an extension of people, just as flawed and a *lot* more
powerful. That is a very dangerous combination.

--
Keith