Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Norelco Rotary Shaver Sharpening

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 10:23:45 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Bruce L. Bergman quickly quoth:

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:31:01 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:17:39 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Bruce L. Bergman quickly quoth:

Don't step over a dollar to pick up a penny. At least buy new heads
every other time - it might work once, but not forever.

Please define "every other time", Bruce.

The first time it gets dull, use your sharpening trick. The second
time, replace the heads. Third, sharpen, Fourth replace.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat. (Once.)

Gotcha. But with my lack of beard, heads last damnear as long as the
razor.

Or you can go Sharpen, Sharpen, Sharpen, Sharpen, Sharpen... GRUNCH!
as the cage/comb part wears through and jams the cutter head and the
plastic drive gears strip.

Then instead of buying a $10 set of heads you are buying a $100
razor. And that's what I mean about "Stepping over a dollar to pick
up a penny" - it may have sounded like a good idea at the time, but
it's false economy.

Ten bucks my arse, Bruce. Even Wally World is getting $28 now.

--
"Most Folks Are As Happy As They Make Up Their Minds To Be"
-Abraham Lincoln