Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
technomaNge technomaNge is offline

Default Looking for small hex coupling nut 0.25" across flats

wrote:
I am wanting to make some very long hex shank drill bits for a wood
working project that I am working on. I am having to drill into very
tight areas that I can't get my drill into. I have some long aircraft
drills that I want to add a hex shank to. I figured to save some time
I could drill out a hex coupling nut but the problem is that the
smallest one that I could find is 5/16 across flats. Is there anyone
out that sells smaller coupler nuts?

I also thought about annealing a hex key and drilling that out.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you are drilling wood, you can get bits in 24" to 6 foot
lengths. At work we use the ones that drill a 3/8" hole.

Do a web search for "Laborsaving Devices" company or their
product "Spear-Zit"" or use this link:

http://www.lsdinc.com/content/product_details/24

Electronic shops carry them, as do some borg stores. If you
are in the south, try W. B. Allen in New Orleans:

https://www.wmballen.com/contactus.cfm

technomaNge
--
Obama - raises taxes and kills babies.
Sarah Palin - raises babies and kills taxes.