Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Isolators for bath taps?

In article
,
405 TD Estate wrote:
I have loads of the 1/4 turn in-line 15mm isolators that I was going
to fit to all the taps etc as i'm re-plumbing the bathroom, however
looking at one they seem to narrow from the 15mm of the pipe to 10mm
or so where the ball valve is.

So would it be a bad idea to fit these to the bath taps since they may
slow down the filling of a bath?

They'll slow down a 15mm low pressure feed too - best to use full bore
ones of the correct size for the pipe.

I have a gravity fed HW system but am looking in 1 or 2 years to upgrade
to a combi-boiler which I believe runs off mains pressure.

Many would call that a downgrade.

Th

--
*For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.