Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] NOSPAMnet@gmail.com is offline

Default microbore

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 21:36:39 +0100, "Jonathan Pearson"
wrote:

Stephen wrote:
Hello,

What is the group's opinion about microbore? I haven't used it before
but heard it was good for threading between joists, like PEX and PB
pipe. But I've also read criticism it will block with sludge. Is this
8mm only or is 10mm susceptible too? Surely that's not a problem of
the pipe but a problem with the system though, if there's that much
sludge?

Its okay, but most people prefer 15mm not because of the sludge / flow, but
that its not very robust under general household conditions (eg kids hitting
it/ hovering around it), thus although it was used on new builds between
5-20 yrs ago, most have gone back to 15mm using copper or plastic

Jon

Kids hovering I'd imagine would be a problem :-)