Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mike hide mike hide is offline

Default Trestle Picnic Table

"Upscale" wrote in message
This is a picture of the trestle picnic table that I built as a thank you
for some friends. It went to its new home August 24. Thanks to Swingman

for
design suggestions. Biggest lesson I learned from this project is that

when
compared to a router, a dado blade for the tablesaw adjusts much more
easily, is less messy, definitely quieter and a WHOLE LOT FASTER when it
comes to making tenons. Not having done this type of construction before,
I'm happy to say that it turned out much better than I expected.

Next table I hope to make will be a more refined, indoor version of this
table.

Cedar I presume ? Regarding the tenons, as the dado will relatively short
tenons, do you get the length by doing a couple of cut by moving the fence ?
Secondly are the top planks glued or not......