Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod[_2_] LRod[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: A Milestone

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:37:55 -0700 (PDT), Fred the Red Shirt
wrote:

I also doubt that incursions into Waziristan are going to find
bin Laden. He is more likely in a major city where his couriers
have ready access to global communications.

I predicted seven years ago that we will never truly know the
disposition of Bin Laden. Trust me, I am no conspiracy theorist, but
it's in a lot of people's interest to keep him "alive."

A war mongering leader (not just ours) needs to keep him "alive" to
justify the mongering.

A bloated bureaucracy created specifically to counter his effects
needs to keep him "alive" to justify its existence.

The intelligence community might need to keep him "alive" to prevent
creating a vacuum of leadership (or worse, a martyr) encouraging
potentially worse replacements eager to continue the jihad.

Al Qaeda needs to keep him "alive" to further its activities.

Some Middle Eastern regimes might have an interest in keeping him
"alive" to divert attention from their own, similar, nefarious
activities.

No, I'd say calculate a maximum of 100 years after Bin Laden's birth,
and that's about the soonest anyone will confidently assert he's gone.
I don't believe there will ever be a corpus delecti to demostrate it
sooner. Few of us will be left alive to be able to breathe easy at the
assurance of his passing.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.