Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Farrell[_2_] Sam Farrell[_2_] is offline

Default Vacuum cleaner motor died?

Sounds like worn brushes

Sam
"EricP" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:15:27 GMT, Guy Snape
wrote:

My vacuum cleaner (ordinary upright type, electrolux) just stopped
working. I turned it off and back on again and the motor started then
died again after less than a second. Tried again, same result. Now
there's no motor sound at all - I don't think it's an electrical cut out
as I tried again after half an hour and it still didn't work. Any chance
of fixing it, or do I chuck it?

Thanks,

- guy

Sounds like the motor brushes if it starts and then cuts out.

It is worth dismantling it to look at them.