Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Soldering in tight spaces

Have a spritzer bottle of water handy, with water and a drop of dish soap.
Spray the wood to get it wet before soldering. Have fire extinguisher with
in reach.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve" wrote in message
It looks doable, but if it were me, I'd be using something as a heat shield
to protect the wood from starting a fire, or doing damage to the wiring.
Either use thin sheet metal of some sort, or possibly heavy duty aluminum
foil.

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

In the followling picture, you are looking up at an overhead soffit
where I have to insert tees in the 1/2" copper lines running across
the picture.

http://freeboundaries.com/tight.jpg

Is it doable or is just too tight to undertake given all the
electrical wires, the heater lines and the gas line?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron