Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
bq340[_2_] bq340[_2_] is offline

Default Looking for small hex coupling nut 0.25" across flats

wrote:
I am wanting to make some very long hex shank drill bits for a wood
working project that I am working on. I am having to drill into very
tight areas that I can't get my drill into. I have some long aircraft
drills that I want to add a hex shank to. I figured to save some time
I could drill out a hex coupling nut but the problem is that the
smallest one that I could find is 5/16 across flats. Is there anyone
out that sells smaller coupler nuts?

I also thought about annealing a hex key and drilling that out.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Search for "standoff", a common electronics item, hope this link works:
http://www.the-hdb-store.com/servlet/the-FASTENERS-cln-STANDOFFS/Categories

MikeB