Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Wireless tyre pressure monitoring?

Chris

I thought some cars use the antilock braking sensors to compare the
speed of each wheel - over a significant distance. If one is
revolving at a different speed consistently then it warns of a
puncture

Dunno. Mine doesn't. Besides which, I don't know whether that would work.
There is a school of thought which says that the distance covered per
wheel rev is determined by the amount of tread laid on the road - rather
than 2 x Pi x standing height. If that is that case, a soft tyre would not
rotate at a higher speed than an inflated one.
--
Cheers,
Roger

A lengthy article he