Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default recipe to restore VOCs?

On Sep 11, 9:49*pm, wrote:
On Sep 11, 2:52 am, David Nebenzahl wrote:

It's hardly "nonsense"; it's well established that VOCs cause all kinds
of bad things, like smog and irritation to people who breathe them. Not
even close to the "controversy" over global warming, but settled science.

That isn't to say that oil- and solvent-based products are often much
better than their water-based replacements. I used some water-based
varnish on an exterior door a while ago and just hated it; didn't flow
on worth ****. But it looks like we're just going to have to learn to
live with them.

Yeah, yeah. Lots of things are bad for us. I'll take my chances, thank
you. BTW: no smog here, even before the environmental and health
hysteria kicked in. So why am I being limited as if I lived in Los
Angeles?
You hate it, yet you defend it. Curious. Are you saying that if there
were a simple way to restore performance, although not following the
letter and spirit of the law, you would reject it? We agree that the
new stuff is crap. The difference is that you accept the
scaremongering, while I don't.
If you haven't noticed, the almighty State is slowly taking control of
our lives - for our own good, of course. At what point will YOU say,
"enough"? When they have us running laps or doing calisthenics every
day? When they start monitoring our individual weights and diets? When
they ban fire in any form? My limit was reached years ago. "Land of
the free"? I don't think so.

Maybe you just used crap, Consumers Reports has an ongoing maybe 8 yr
comparison, go read it,and post back, I subscribe to it.