Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default Help Question: Electronic stethoscope danger

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:00:15 +0000 (UTC), Mika Lindblad
wrote:

:On 2008-09-08, Ross Herbert wrote:
::Ross...good idea but not an option because we want the sound heard by
::all...approximately 15 people at a time. We already have and use dual &
triple
::stethoscopes but they mean the task has to be repeated over and over whereas
if
::we could just broadcast for all to hear at once...presto!
: I see. Looks to me like your best and easiest solution is the medical grade
: isolation transformer then.
:
:Why not just use active speakers which are powered by batteries?

Typical scenario:

Crowded classroom, busy instructor....

Oh bugger! flat batteries... Now where did I put those spares?

Sh.t! I didn't buy new ones after I last replaced them with the spares I had.

Now do you see?