Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sept 11, 2001

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Where were you? What were you doing?

Backing my truck out of the driveway on the way to work. Heard a tower
had apparently been hit by an airplane. My first thought was, "bad weather
and bad Air Traffic Control?" Second thought, "The Empire State was hit by
a B-29 and held, hopefully this turns out as well". About 100 yards down
the driveway, I heard about the second aircraft hitting the second tower.
At that point, it was clear this was a deliberate act. By the time I got
to work, it was very clear that an act of war had been perpetrated on us.
Very eerie over the next several days working at a place next to an airport
with *no* planes except the occasional ANG F-16 flying.