Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dieseldes Dieseldes is offline

Default Stupidness at the rubbish dump

"robgraham" wrote in message
On 12 Sep, 07:59, "Toby Sleigh" wrote:
"gazz" wrote in
No, my crime, i had brought 4 bags of rubble in a trailer!!!

they claim there's a 'law' that says i'm only allowed to take 3 bags of
rubble a day to the tip.. fairysnuff i thought, stops the commercial
tippers, but then they said they had to be in the boot of my car, no
rubble allowed to be deposited at the tip from a trailer!!!!!

I wonder what they'd say if I turned up on my bicycle with 3 bags of
rubble
in my bike trailer...

Well can I suggest you all come and live in West Lothian where there
is absolutely none of the troubles you talk about.

I've gone with a trailer and a van and been given nothing but helpful
assistance. I don't know what their attitude is to commercial boys
with vans though, but I suspect that within reason they are accepted
on the basis that it is cheaper to deal with there off loads there
than collect the fly tipping.

Rob

I use the dump (recycling centre!) by Stirling all householders are given a
card, and it appears as long as you have that they accept nearly anything, a
7.5 tonner maybe pushing your luck a tad!!
My mate who goes to one in an adjoining county had great problems with one
particular jobsworth employee, but when he went the problems stopped.

Recycling is a good idea, but it has to be made easy otherwise human nature
will allways take the easy (cheap) route which means layby etc..

Des