Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Stupidness at the rubbish dump

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:54:31 +0100 someone who may be "gazz"
wrote this:-

they claim there's a 'law' that says i'm only allowed to take 3 bags of
rubble a day to the tip.. fairysnuff i thought, stops the commercial
tippers, but then they said they had to be in the boot of my car, no
rubble
allowed to be deposited at the tip from a trailer!!!!!

What does your councillor have to say about all this? I take it that
you have contacted them to see if they can do something about it.

Just who the hell is meddeling with things that have worked so well for
years and screwing them up?

Things only "worked so well" for those people who didn't live near
large holes in the ground. Even for those people it didn't work well
as it encouraged "disposable" products and over-packaging. The film
at http://www.foe-scotland.org.uk/resources/minisites/landfill
highlights some problems.

They call it recycling, but ask to 'recycle' something you see dumped
there
and your told no way, it has to be destroyed,

Switched on councils have reuse cabins. However, many councils are
not good at waste and only doing the minimum they think they can get
away with.

One of the best examples of a council not being switched on was when
they tried to prosecute someone campaigning to reduce waste for the
"crime" of recovering four chairs from a landfill skip. The story at
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2008/05/399242.html, an update at
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2008/06/400395.html and a sort of
conclusion at http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2008/06/402096.html.

The mans a bit of an idiot though..

he thinks it should be "not in the publics interest"..
if they did that then that is saying "we think you are guilty and you will
have a police record showing such".

Where they have made the decision that he may well have broken the law but
its stupid and a waste of their time so they will dump the case.

He can always appeal if he wants a record as he is actually guilty.