Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Stupidness at the rubbish dump

"gazz" wrote in message ...
Went to the rubbish dump (oops, sorry, recycling centre) today with 4 bags
of broken tiles from the kitchen i had just dug up, i only have a small
car, and am planning to get an even smaller one soon (a smart car) so in
anticipation for the new smaller car i bought a small trailer,

so obviousely i dont want dusty bags of broken tiles in the boot of my
car, i put them in the trailer,
at the tip i had just emptied one of the bags into the hardcore skip when
3 staff came running over telling me to stop imediately,

i thought i had emptied the tiles into the wrong skip, but there were
already tiles in there, smashed bogs, even soil despite the sign saying no
soil.

No, my crime, i had brought 4 bags of rubble in a trailer!!!

they claim there's a 'law' that says i'm only allowed to take 3 bags of
rubble a day to the tip.. fairysnuff i thought, stops the commercial
tippers, but then they said they had to be in the boot of my car, no
rubble allowed to be deposited at the tip from a trailer!!!!!

WTF is all that about, they said i got away with it this time, but next
time the camera's will be up and i'll get a fine!

Comply with the letter of the law then.. take it from the trailer.. place it
in the boot.. then chuck it.

Its all about stopping trades men from using the dumps for trade waste.
If you write to the council they will probably give you permission to use
the trailer assuming you aren't a trader.

FFs this is getting daft, next year i'm getting rid of my 14 year old
nissan micra, and replacing it with a 3 or 4 year old diesel smart car,
the micra burns through a gallon of petrol in about 40 miles, the smart
car goes through a gallon of diesel in about 85-90 miles, it also chucks
out so much less CO2 than the micra that the road tax on the smart is
zero,

That's a joke.. I have been driving a smart and I get nowhere near 80 mpg.
The damn things a motorbike with a body and you know what happens on those
as soon as you try and go fast.. the fuel consumption drops like a stone.

PS I do get 50 mpg out of my Astra so its not that I drive with a lead
foot.