Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - It has become apparent ...

"dpb" wrote:
..
That's sheer stupidity...to not process shale or sand oil while
waiting on some yet-to-be-discovered magic "alternative" fuel would
be asinine.

Who said anything about not processing known reserves?

A new "grass roots" refinery is not required.

And, of course, while that's true on building "clean site" refinery
capacity, actual capacity has more than double in that time frame by
combinations of expansion and process improvement.

That works as a short term solution.

"alternative energy" will become available as it becomes
economically viable, not before, in large quantities, anyway.

If $4-$5/gallon doesn't get the job done, maybe $8-$10/gal will.

Either way, it's going to require gov't involvement to provide a
stable environment for private industry to to the job.

If we don't get started, one of these days we are going to wake up
broke and with the boot of some sheik planted squarely on our Adam's
apple.

Lew