Posted to uk.d-i-y
Anita Palley Anita Palley is offline

Default Stupidness at the rubbish dump

We have extremely fussy binmen who turn their noses up at a
significant proportion of what is left out on binday (this week
wouldn't take a knackered plastic mop which had been bent to a third
of its original length, either as recycling or for landfill). Luckily
we live on a turning off a major shopping street. On that street it
seems that the need to keep it clear overrides all other
considerations and there the binmen take away whatever is left out. So
whatever they reject on our front path gets carried round the corner
to the main road to be picked up later in the day by the same binmen.
It's probably technically fly-tipping, but it seems to keep everyone
happy.