Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler[_2_] PanHandler[_2_] is offline

Default Home Depot Throws Away, But Won't Donate, Brand New Merchandise

BTW - even the tires were slashed and the wheels destroyed, along with all
body panels and trim.

"PanHandler" wrote in message
.. .

"aemeijers" wrote in message

I'm an old hot-rodder and worked at a Chevy dealership in Pompano Beach,
FL in 1978. I arrived at work on a Monday morning and saw some commotion
in the new vehicle receiving area behind the service dep't. where I was a
Service Advisor. A carrier had delivered a new Corvette that had failed to
clear an overpass and lost everything from the dash level up. A week or so
later a company rep inspected the car and authorized disassembly and
destruction of EVERY working or otherwise usable part of the car. One of
my mechanics was assigned the job and I even got my commission for his
labor. Radio, all dash parts, seats, carpet, doors, glass, column,
shifter, console, .... EVERYTHING ... was removed and smashed with iron
bars or cut up and tossed in a pile for later verification. The engine,
transmission, and differential were disassembled and also destroyed.
Valves were bent over in the heads and the block smashed full of holes.
Alternator, starter, etc ... you get my drift. We almost cried.