Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - It has become apparent ...

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:03:07 -0500, Swingman wrote:

... and judging by posts hereabouts on crude prices the past few months,
that a goodly percentage of wRec participants are more capable than congress
of making valid judgments regarding the why's and wherefores of national
energy policy:

Well, we may not agree on a lot of things, but we have proven we're
literate :-).

I saw an ad on TV this morning for an auger to drill holes in your garden.
Order it and you got a free "high-power" cordless drill. Had a "value of
$1??.00 for only $19.95 plus (unspecified) S&H".

Consider that the marketeers felt there were enough customers out there to
more than pay for the cost of the ad.

Should people stupid enough to fall for that ad be allowed to vote?
Should we force the "it slices, it dices" crowd to provide their customer
lists and use them to purge the voting rolls? Hmmmm - I may be on to
something here :-).