Posted to rec.woodworking
Fred the Red Shirt Fred the Red Shirt is offline

Default O/T: A Milestone

On Aug 30, 4:55*pm, "Rod & Betty Jo" wrote:
Richard Evans wrote:
Neither did George Bush. Just the opposite: He had a record of
failure. Yet you seem staisfied with his administration.

Had a successful gig managing a baseball team, made $15 million and had two
terms as a popular Texas Governor....I just wish we all could fail half that
bad....Rod

He was 'successful' managing a baseball team in large
measure because he successfully lobbied to have a
ball park built for his team at public expense. Basicly
welfare for the wealthy.

Of course he's not the only one. Art Model made out even
better at the expense of Maryland taxpayers, as did the
owners of the new Cleveland Browns and the old Cleveland
Indians.

--

FF