Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] daddyfreddy@gmail.com is offline

Default Don't buy Argos beds

On 10 Sep, 15:29, Clive wrote:
A friend of mine couldn't put her flat pack Argos bed together.

Significant pieces of the bed were missing and it took two weeks to
get the replacement parts. At least 10 of the holes for the various
locking bolts were drilled to the wrong depth or in the wrong position
requiring several artful dodges and bodges by me to get the thing to
fit together. How can that happen with modern manufacturing techniques
and millimeter accurate drilling jigs?

Overall an unsatisfying expereince putting the whole thing together.

Clive

With some flat packs the manufacturers may have already pre-assembled
certain parts but not updated the instructions.
I've had fair few bits from Argos and not had any issues. They're not
exactly the best quality but fair enough for the price.
Plus Argos will be buying off various manufacturers who will also
supply other retailers. You can't claim all Argos beds are crap from
one example.