Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mikeydude Mikeydude is offline

Default Pioneer SX-2300 component values, other help

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Mikeydude" wrote in message
To anyone that can help,
I would like to get the values of R550 and R338.
I think I might have replaced one of them with a resistor of the wrong
value

History:
Replaced R534 and 2 shorted power transistors connected to it. (C3181N
and A1264N)
Replaced burned R538 with 100 ohm, 1/4 watt resitor.
Replaced burned unreadable R550 with 4.7k (4700) ohm resistor.
Checked neighboring resistors, transistors.

Problem now:
Stereo comes on, relay clicks on, display and controls work.
Very low volume and distorted audio is all I get.
I have to turn it most of the way up and can barely hear it.

Thanks!

Both channels ? That model hasn't by any chance got four RCA (phono) jacks
on the back marked "processor" or something similar has it ? Often have a
'bar' silk screened across them to indicate that they should be bridged.
Very low audio on what appears to be an otherwise working amp, is the
typical symptom for the bridging pins being missing. I have had many amps
that have been bought on eBay or at boot sales over the years, brought to
me for this 'fault'.

Arfa

Oops! I was tired and didn't check it out thoroughly.
(The repair has been on hold for a long while, just replaced R534 last
night.)

I'm only having a problem with the left channel.

Thanks for the help!