Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Wireless tyre pressure monitoring?

Does anyone out there have any experience of wireless tyre pressure
monitoring devices - the sort which have special valves containing a sensor,
and a central display with LEDs and a bleeper and report status?

Yesterday, I wrote off an otherwise perfectly good 225/45x17 tyre because I
had apparently been driving it flat for a while without noticing.

In days of yore I could always tell by the seat of my pants if a tyre was a
bit flat. But many modern cars are grossly over-tyred, with very wide low
profile tyres which *look* flat when they're not, and don't really *feel*
any different when they are.

At £100 a throw, you don't have to write off too many tyres before a
monitoring system would be cheaper.

Any comments or recommendations?

TIA.
--