Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Missed a period......

Show of hands. Who didn't read this? It got my attention.

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:02:12 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

(Good thing I'm a guy, not a girl)

That first hyperlink in my previous post needs a period at its end.
(......Jr.)

For some reason my browser didn't pick up the period.

So if you clicked on it and Wiki said "no way Jose", and didn't give you
the "John Hayes Hammond Jr." page, try adding a period to the end of
what's in your browser's address bar.

Computers...They do what they're told to do, not what you want them to do.

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I remember visiting the Hammond Castle in Gloucester, Massachusetts and
seeing good sized wall mounted variacs used for light bulb dimming in
some of the rooms in that gorgeous place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hays_Hammond_Jr.

and

http://community-2.webtv.net/JohnDandola/HammondCastle/

Jeff