Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Opinion AKA: LipStick On A Pig

Opinion:

I'm glad women are starting to hold high positions not only in gov't,
but also in our political parties.

It has been a long road since the days of Margaret Chase Smith of
Maine.

Choosing a women to run as your party's candidate for the 2nd highest
office is great, but it does not include the privilege of hiding
behind her skirts to avoid facing the issues.

"LipStick on a pig", as a vicious personal attack issue? Give me a
break.

Let's hear about some issues.

McCain states, "Were going to shake things up in Washington".

Okay, it's his party he wants to shake up, go for it, but that is an
internal Republican party housekeeping problem, not a proposal to
solve anything.

Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't, but so far haven't
heard anything but the same old time political mumbo jumbo attack
politics.

As I listen, "Where's the beef?", comes to mind.

When do we get a proposal to solve some of our problems?

I'd like to see something about any of the following:

* What is his proposal to address health care problems?

* What is proposal to address global warming issues?

* What is proposal to address alternate energy policies?
(Drill baby drill doesn't count. That's about like saying make more
buggy whips to make the cars go faster)

* What is proposal to address veteran's issues or do we just forget
about them? We owe them big time.

* What is his proposal to address fiscal problems?

* What is proposal to restore our position of leadership on the world
stage?

The list goes on (Iraq, etc), but a proposal on any of the above would
be refreshing.

The silence on the critical issues facing us from McCain to date is
deafening.

Based on his lack of response to date, one can only assume a
continuation of the last 8 years.

What am I missing?

What haven't I heard?

Lew