Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drill Bit Wingnut

That is a good idea - a deep socket and just over the round hub size
so it will keep centered.

I make some wood ones for my wife out of wood.
Maple - drill a hole in the center of a 1.5x1.5 by 3" long stick.
The hole matches the round part of the nut and I slot for the wings.
She keeps a couple in her sewing kit - counted cross stitch.

The frames need to be clamped tight.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Vaughn Simon wrote:
wrote in message
Sorry if this is off subject.

I am looking for a drill but to screw and unscrew wingnuts onto a
screw.

If it happens to be for large pattern 1/4" wingnuts, then check anywhere that
hurricane shutter accessories are sold.

I make my own by cutting a slot across an appropriately-sized cheap
disposable 1/4" socket. Chuck it to the drill with a suitable adapter.

Vaughn