Posted to rec.woodworking
N Hurst N Hurst is offline

Default Lathe Motor Replacement Conundrum

On Sep 10, 9:53*pm, dpb wrote:
Purchase a pulley of the proper diameter and bore.

Any recommendations on where to go for one?

Rather than a flat side section on the spindle like most motors I've
seen, my motor has a notch cut out of the spindle in which a small
square metal peg was inserted.

Did the original motor run at the same rpm as the replacment?

I have no idea. There is no plate of any kind on the original motor,
and aftermarket support of this brand of machine appears to be pretty
slim. The replacement is a 1750rpm, and I'm pretty sure a machine of
this level wouldn't spin at the 3000rpm mark.