Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some fancy metalworking

The event in Russia during the early 20th century was thought to
be a black hole or high energy particle.

We have particles that whiz through the earth and keep on going all of
the time. We all have been hit. Some many times more by other particles -
the Northern lights are just that.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

wrote:
On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 05:45:58 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sep 9, 5:16=A0pm, "azotic" wrote:
The doomsday machine is finished and will be tested tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DKsZQOlJU_Hg

Impressive metalworking to say the least.

Best Regards
Tom.

Aren't we supposed to be sucked into mini black holes by now? Hasn't
it be in operation for several hours?
Karl

From what I've read in various science publications, e.g. Science
News, cosmic rays rourinely strike our atmosphere with more energy
than the LHC will be able to produce. So the thinking is that any risk
of the LHC creating little black holes that swallow the earth is much
less than the risk of cosmic rays doing the same. So much less that if
it was going to happen it already would have. And speaking of little
black holes, current thought is that below a certain radius black
holes radiate faster than they consume and so disappear quickly. ISTR
that this radiation is called "Hawking Radiation" in honor of Stephen
Hawking.
ERS