Posted to alt.home.repair
Rudy Rudy is offline

Default GFI outlet on Arc Fault protected Circuit ?

New Code here requires Arc Fault breakers on circuits in bedrooms. I
haven't put one in yet as the B/rooms are unfinished so I temporarily have a
regular 15A breaker in the panel to give me power as I finish the rooms.
I propose to put a GFI outlet in the same circuit, to be used to plug in a
small pump for a water feature in one of the rooms, so my questions a

1.Do I need a GFI outlet in the circuit or does the "Arc fault" protection
in the panel breaker cover the submersible pump ?
2.Would the GFI "work" as expected in the Arc Fault Circuit or if it
tripped, would it also trip the Arc Fault breaker ?

I think I read here that the Arc Fault is less sensitive than the GFI so in
theory, IS the answer to my Q2 "No" for that reason ?