Edwin Pawlowski

Default Mobile bases for router & tablesaw

Secret wrote in message
. 4.10...

And the value of that time is what? 0?
I'm all for do it yourself and being inventive, but sometimes it's just
frivolous. I could put in 2 hours of overtime, and make FAR more than
what the cost of the factory built base is, purchase the purpose-built
welded steel item and still have money left over.

If that fits your life style, good for you. Perhaps the OP is retired and
cannot work OT to buy his toys;. but he has plenty of time.

We all get satisfaction from woodworking or we would not be here. Some of my
most satisfying days in the shop are when I produce just about nothing
physical, but did have a good idea for "next time". Or spent 30 minutes
making a jig to save 5 minutes time, but it works soooo goood!.

Today, I brought some wood home from work. It is soft wood, dunnage from an
import shipment. I spent time to resaw it, I'm going to plane it, and
finally cut it for something useful. I can get the same board feet of wood
very cheap and possibly better quality at t he BORG. Why bother?

It is very satisfying to show people a piece of the rough lumber from a
shipping pallet made into an outdoor table. I get more oooh's and aaah's
than if it was made from ebony. Keep in mind, you are not given points
based on the number of projects or the amount of wood you used.

It is not the destination, it is the journey.
Ed