Posted to alt.home.repair
Old and Grunpy Old and Grunpy is offline

Default Water heater problem- update

"Phil" wrote in message
(Phil) wrote:
Hi:

Need some advice on this. We have an older mobile home, 1973.
Currently on our second hot water heater, installed about 13 years
ago. It is a natural gas 30 gallon unit. The temperature is set at a
low-warm about 120* I am getting a slow but constant discharge
from the temperature/pressure release valve. The drain line goes
thru the floor and discharges under the home.

What now?

Since the tank is at least 13yo we decided to replace it. Up until a
couple years ago our community was on a well water system. Heavy iron &
mineral content. Wouldn't surprise me if the tank was filled 1/3+ with
sediment. Our community switched over to city water, which is SO MUCH
BETTER.

What really hurts is the cost. We are having Sears do the job. I know, I
know but we have no choice. We need it done right, and since we currently
have no income coming in, we have to put it on the charge.

Sears Big big mistake uless heater/tank is made by some one ales

Total is $775. that's replacement 30 tank, install, haul away, and
permits. The water heaters for mobile homes must be built to certain codes
and run more expensive. Can't use a residential unit in a mobile home
application. It is on order, and will hopefully be installed Friday.

Phil (Original poster)