Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim[_6_] Tim[_6_] is offline

Default Pex plumbing

Hello again,
I am continuing to gather info for the new house,this time
concerning plumbing. I had been thinking about the Manablock
system,basically a plastic(PVC) manifold known as a "home run" system
in which there are seperate shut off valves for every outlet and, I
assume, fixture. The piping is flexible Pex tubing,which seems like a
good idea,but the Manablock sys. seems to use a whole bunch of
tubing.
I spoke with a guy from a plumbing supply place today who said that
many plumbers today are using the Wirsbo system which utilizes 3/4"
trunk lines to smaller manifolds that I assume are located close to
the areas they will supply,branching off into 1/2" or 3/8" tubing to
supply the end fixture.
Does anybody have experience w/ these systems,or can you lead me to
a resource for more info,perhaps a newsgroup such as this(I looked but
didn't find a plumbing newsgroup) Thanks again for the info.

Tim