Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_2_] Lee Michaels[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Robatoy. Questions about kitchen counter tops

"charlie" wrote

i made some concrete counters for my patio bar last year. they have a lot
of dyes and colorants, and you can use inclusions of all types for
different looks (glass, colored pebbles, polished rocks, fossils, car
parts, etc).

Reminds me of a project at my last house. There was a patio that had
concrete squares about 48" square. I had to remove some of them and put in a
garage addition and a drain. There was no rebar. I found some bakery bread
racks in some. And in others, I found all kinds of parts from an old
refrigerator.

So, yeah, you can put almost anything in concrete. (This is something that
all the old time mobsters knew as well.)