Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default Ms Palin's bookery

Morris Dovey wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

I have no tolerance for killing people that cannot defend themselves.

Eh? Are you posting from Darfur? Listening to the echoes of Beethoven's
Ninth in Sarajevo? Turning back Russian tanks at the Georgian border?

I'm inclined to believe you have a bit more tolerance than you've been
willing to admit to yourself.

What an absurd argument. The fact that I cannot actually *do* anything
about these situations is hardly evidence that I tolerate them. In
any case, the genocide directed at the unborn in the West far exceeds
that in the places you cite above. I *can* do something about that:
Vote for people who pledge to stop the infanticide.

I don't question that, in your heart, you mean well - I just noticed
that you seem to have difficulty getting your feet and hands to follow
your heart.

My interpretation of what you're saying is that you want to be the
arbiter of right and wrong, and that you expect others (who you select
with your ballot) to supply the blood, sweat, and tears needed to get
the job done.

I don't think that'll work, but I hope you have a nice ride.

1) I have used reason and argument to make the case for why abortion
is wrong. I have never anointed myself the "arbiter of right and
wrong" but have made a case against abortion on legal, moral,
and practical grounds. In any case, judging from the tone of
your snide little post, I'd guess you are incapable of even
acknowledging that right and wrong exist as objectively exist.

2) "Your interpretation" is an argumentative ploy no more. If I were, say,
to take matters into my own hands and fly to Georgia and kill Russians
or start shooting abortion doctors iN NYC, you no doubt, would
likely disapprove. You're talking through your hat.

3) You evidently skipped the part in high school civics in which it
explained that government is formed first to keep people free.
We appeal to those who govern not to "supply the blood, sweat, and
tears" but to act to defend liberty. Appealing to government on behalf
of those whose liberty is ripped from them before they can even speak
is not an act of cowardice (implicitly accused in your scratchings
above), but an normal act of a free citizen.

4) You have NO idea just what I have- and have not personally done to
try and remediate evil of the sort you mention above. I feel no
particular reason to provide you with a list as it is none of your
business. What I do know is that when backed into a corner, people
with lousy ideas (like yours) always go after the speaker with whom
they disagree because they cannot defend their own ideas. Game, set,
match.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/