Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Don't buy Argos beds

Clive wrote:
A friend of mine couldn't put her flat pack Argos bed together.

Significant pieces of the bed were missing and it took two weeks to
get the replacement parts. At least 10 of the holes for the various
locking bolts were drilled to the wrong depth or in the wrong position
requiring several artful dodges and bodges by me to get the thing to
fit together. How can that happen with modern manufacturing techniques
and millimeter accurate drilling jigs?

Overall an unsatisfying expereince putting the whole thing together.

Sounds like their quality control has improved then :-)

Without doubt the worst flat pack on the market, I hate assembling Argos
stuff.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk