Posted to alt.home.repair
Kuskokwim Kuskokwim is offline

Default Oxalic acid?

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 04:23:34 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have some dark water stains on my hardwood oak flooring that I would
want to remove. I read here that oxalic acid is a good way to approach
this.

The problem is I cannot find any. At Home Depot they looked at me like
I awas from another planet and had never heard of it.

Does it perhaps have another name so I can find some?

TIA

If you want almost pure oxalic acid, get Savogran Wood Bleach. Here is a
link to the MSDS:
http://www.savogran.com/Information/Wood_Bleach_MS.pdf

I have a True Value hardware store. The True Value stock number is 602979.
I'm sure it's available at other hardware stores, also.

As others have noted, this might not work for what you are trying to do.

But it's probably worth a try.